• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video + Sound Pausing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mickopla

Registered
In all audio and video software when playing a divx file or mp3 file or any type of media file the audio drops for about a second and this happens every 15 seconds or so. I have the latest drivers for my sound devices. The specs of my system are AMD Athlon64 3200+ 1gig of Ram 250 gig WD sata drive and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card. Please can someone help me.

1. Which video player are you using and what, if any codec packs? If you're using WMP grab a copy of VLC or the latest media player classic (download the full version of the free K-Lite codec pack) and try that.
2. Have you defragged your hard drive(s) lately?
3. Does this happen primarily with cd/dvd playback or all playback ie: from your hard drive?
4. How's your system looking with malware (check via hijackthis and spybot s&d)? Certain types of malware and programs running in the background particularly if they use alot of cpu time can cause issues with media playback.

grumperfish said:
1. Which video player are you using and what, if any codec packs? If you're using WMP grab a copy of VLC or the latest media player classic (download the full version of the free K-Lite codec pack) and try that.
2. Have you defragged your hard drive(s) lately?
3. Does this happen primarily with cd/dvd playback or all playback ie: from your hard drive?
4. How's your system looking with malware (check via hijackthis and spybot s&d)? Certain types of malware and programs running in the background particularly if they use alot of cpu time can cause issues with media playback.

1. Its with all media players including VLC and Media player classic and with Itunes when playing Mp3 files.
2. Yes i defragged my drive just last week.
3. It happens with all playback.
4. I did a Hijackthis log and nothing unusual turned up also when running my media players CPU usage is about 30%.

To be honest its so bad i can't watch or listen to anything on my PC.

what kind of soound do you have ??

and have you uninstalled your video, sound, media players, codecs, etc... and tried re-installing them ??

have you ran stability test for your system ?

can you game fine on it ?

Xtreme Barton said:
what kind of soound do you have ??

and have you uninstalled your video, sound, media players, codecs, etc... and tried re-installing them ??

have you ran stability test for your system ?

can you game fine on it ?

The sound comes from the motherboard MSI Neo Platinum.

How do i go about uninstalling everything including codecs??

How do i run a stability test?

I get the same problem with sound in games.

Back