• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orthos Testing - Priority Level + Length of Testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txtmstrjoe

Registered
I'm presently testing an overclock on my Opteron 165 (CCBBE 0616XPMW), running at 2.727GHz (303*9).

Before overclocking, I determined maximum levels for my board's FSB, CPU, and RAM. I also tested the RAM with MemTest86+ (v.1.70), and then used Gogar's AMD OC Optimizer. I've run S&M (at Long Test Length, Full Priority Testing) CPU + RAM test, and passed that. SuperPi on both cores simultaneously also passed. I'm now running Orthos, and have had to raise VCore from 1.3625V to 1.40V (raised systematically and incrementally), after the tests failed at around 3 - 4 1/2 Hrs.

I'm running Orthos at Priority 10, and I'm going for a minimum of 12 Hrs.

Is there a correlation between Priority Setting, the length of the test, and actual functional stability?

Thanks for your thoughts, people!

Orthos is derived from Prime95 and most people will say a priority 10 test of 24h+ with no error plus a memtest 24h+ is considered stable. Also be aware some applications and games does not play nice with overclock and might be unstable even if the hardware is...

Back