• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 3700+ OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaRk_RaIn

I am currently running my AMD Athlon 64 3700+ "San Diego" core processor, at 2.75Ghz, up from 2.2Ghz stable. My idle temps (on stock cooling) are 32 degrees (celcius), and I have never gone past 47. I have not bumped up the volt core, yet. My question is, how much farther can I go? How far has anyone gone? Keep in mind... stock cooling. Also, my RAM is fairly standard, 1.5gigs ULTRA PC3200 (From TG), 1 gig stick + 512mb stick. So far, I have been stable. But how high can I go? When do I need to worry about temps?
Also, does the 3700+ San Diego core have SSE3? CPU-Z says it does, but when I run "cat /proc/cpuinfo" under Linux, it doesn't mention SSE3.

Temps decide the max speed and max voltage you chip can do. They are all different. 60°c is the max I would take a chip to under load. This usually hits between 1.4v and 1.65v depending on the chip. Personally I don't feel comfortable going above 1.6v or air cooling. Most will say 1.5v on air and 1.6v on water...

As far as your RAM goes, you just need to put it on a divider as I am assuming you have. This will keep the RAM down to a stable speed while the CPU is OCed. Same things goes with the HT.

Back