• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another 'Which Core2 mobo' thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
asus p5b dlx or an intel badaxe 2 .. very stable boards .. right now im running 438fsb on the badaxe 2 .. have gotten up to 450 .. alot of people have hit 470ish ..

asus commando seems to hit 500 fsb

so i would say asus commando or p5b dlx or even a badaxe 2

What FSB am I gunner need to be running to get 3.2GHz on a E6300? Also with the 6400 RAM i'm getting, what speed will that be running at/what divider will it be at? .... Sorry for all the questions, i've only ever done basic OCing on AMD systems due to being limited by bad hardware..

The E6300 has a multiplier of 7X, so 3.2 gig is about 457 FSB. The memory ratios don't go below 1:1, so your RAM will have to run at 457 or DDR2-914. Better get some good RAM that will clock that high. If you haven't already bought the CPU, maybe consider getting the E6400 instead. That will run 3.2 gig with 400 FSB, which means your RAM will be perfectly in spec... and you'll have some extra overhead in case you want to go higher.

Thanks - I haven't bought any of it yet .... and I think i'll go E6400, and with either:

1GB CorsairTwinX XMS2 PC2-6400 CAS 4-4-4-12
1GB Team Xtreem PC2-6400 CAS 4-4-4-10 (D9GMH)
1GB CorsairXMS2 Pro PC2-6400 CAS 5-5-5-12
(I'll get 2GB if I can afford it)

and a Asus Commando most probobly as they look good

of that ram,,, The team xtream will get you farther. w/commando & Tuniq 3.6Ghz no sweat.

Back