• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Booting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octofister

my computer does a weird thing when trying to start up

i push the power button (the dvd drive light is on during this time)
then when the light turns off the system gives one long beep then three short beeps
my moniter does not turn on during this time and if i press restart a few times the system finally boots up

i am stumped as to the problem so i need help

INFO

These are the award bios beep codes

1long, 2 short Video adapter error Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

Repeating (endless loop) Memory error Check for improperly seated or missing memory.

1long, 3short No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.

High frequency beeeps while running Overheated CPU Check the CPU fan for proper operation. Check the case for proper air flow.

Repeating High/Low CPU Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

i forgot to mention that there is a red light shining on the video card

jph1589 said:

1long, 3short No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.

so what should i do to fix this problem?

Octofister said:
i forgot to mention that there is a red light shining on the video card

so what should i do to fix this problem?

Providing the beep code is correct, remove the video card then put it back in. If this doesn't work then get a new video card.

Back