• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo and processor what should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxio098ui

ok i'm back after gettin a little tired of the performance of my favorite rig ever,
and want a new processor, and because s939 is dying i whould like to go am2 or s775.
the thing is i love my dfi nf4 and really dont want to lose that performance and whould like to get a mobo that has a good oc option and a processor that likes a good boost on the clock.

i'm aiming for 350$ but any less is welcome

thx in advance

i've had a look around and saw a few processors and whould like a E4300 or a E6300 which of these are better for overclocking and which mobo should i buy with them

Last edited:
e6300 or 6400.
Asus p5b deluxe, wifi or not.
I "upgraded" from a dfi ultra-d and you won't miss any performance loss.
This combo rocks.

Last edited:
i wouldn't know ill get a good stick of 1gb ram after i get my mobo and cpu
so any recommendations on ram are welcome but my priority is mobo cpu so if someone could tell me if i should go for p5b or maybe abit board.
i really want to oc eventually and whould like to know which of these whoud oc the best and whould fit in a 300-350$ budget

ive read that if i get a E4300 i can oc with kinda low frequenncy ram whould that justify a E4300 buy over a 6300 for a budget oc?
and which mobo whould give my oc a better chance
im leaning toward the abit a8 pro

Back