• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Pentium D 915 D0 stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigaHertzAddict

I would love to get my hands on a D0 stepping cedar mill dual core.. Does anyone know who carries the D0 stepping for sure? Anyone have one, if so how does it overclock?

GigaHertzAddict said:
I would love to get my hands on a D0 stepping cedar mill dual core.. Does anyone know who carries the D0 stepping for sure? Anyone have one, if so how does it overclock?

A PentiumD 915 would actually be Presler (CedarMill is the singel core P4 version). I haven't heard of anyone getting there hands on one yet. To be honest with you, most people will probably be following Core 2 Duo so you probably won't see a whole lot of interest in PD CPU's any longer even though these D0 chips are supposed to have lower power draw.

On a side note, I have received a few Dell systems lately that were made back in December and the P4 631 Cedar Mills that were included were still C1 version (Cedar Mills are converting to D0 as well).

jmsandrsn said:
A PentiumD 915 would actually be Presler (CedarMill is the singel core P4 version). I haven't heard of anyone getting there hands on one yet. To be honest with you, most people will probably be following Core 2 Duo so you probably won't see a whole lot of interest in PD CPU's any longer even though these D0 chips are supposed to have lower power draw.

On a side note, I have received a few Dell systems lately that were made back in December and the P4 631 Cedar Mills that were included were still C1 version (Cedar Mills are converting to D0 as well).

Yeah I meant to say Presler. A 915 will cost $100 and should hit 4GHz with my setup with a D0 stepping. The Core 2 Duo is almost double in price..

Back