• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel slashes price on Apr 22, 2007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YAY, finnaly I can get my 8800gts, wich im getting in a couple weeks or less. and when these price slashes become effective, I can get my new 680i mobo and e6600 for $224 !!!

YEAH 6 days before my senior prom :beer: i dunno if i should wait for frys to do a combo deal like they did a coupla weeks ago with e4300 and ecs mobo. i really need it for my htpc.

The E6300 will be only $133 :)

I see a fry's combo for that price then eBay the motherboard.

Man, crazy price cuts. Makes me wonder if they are getting ready for an AMD launch or something? Why would they make such drastic cuts on their prices when there's no competition to drive the prices down?

(Not that I'm complaining, cheap is always good....although I just got done building a system, so it would have been nice to have these prices a week ago!)

jivetrky said:
Why would they make such drastic cuts on their prices when there's no competition to drive the prices down?

Prolly Intel's BIA "Business Intelligence Agency" might have different view ? :D

Probably b/c AMD just dropped there prices yesterday...Intel is wanting to put the hurt on AMD bad.
Suxs for AMD, good for us consumers :)

Now i am wondering, is it worth spending the extra $100 for the e6700, or just go with the e6600?

Wow, I really like this:
for the larger budget: you could get a e6700 for the price of a e 6600
for the smaller budgetL 4 mb versions of the e6400 and e6300.

Nice :)

clo007 said:
Probably b/c AMD just dropped there prices yesterday...Intel is wanting to put the hurt on AMD bad.
Suxs for AMD, good for us consumers :)

Now i am wondering, is it worth spending the extra $100 for the e6700, or just go with the e6600?

nah, unless you are going with phase change or other extreme cooling, there's really not a good reason to choose the E6700 over the E6600 (unless you aren't overclocking, then the stock speed bump might be worth it)

I'd say stick with the E6600 and spend the money saved from the price cuts on something else. (maybe better video or something)

One Bull said:
Wow, I really like this:
for the larger budget: you could get a e6700 for the price of a e 6600
for the smaller budgetL 4 mb versions of the e6400 and e6300.

Nice :)

yeah the 4MB E6400 would have been nice for me....but oh well.... :)

mmmmmm i love watching prices fall. it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. hehe

Back