• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my Winchester any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nTesla

Registered
Hi,

I've had my Winchester running at stock speed since the day I got it.
I'd like to find out if anyone here has knowledge if my Winnie is a good stepping?

It's a 3200+ and the info is:

CBBID 0448spaw

I can't seem to find any info about this particular stepping.

Many thanks

Thanks David,

I guess I'll have to give it a go to really see!
Need to read up more about OC'ing though.

Also I saw an A64 4000+ (San Diego) for really cheap (New/OEM) Im tempted to get one as they seem to be in line with a FX-53, is that right?

Will it be worthwhile with my system specs or do you think there's a bottleneck?
(Shall I post this as a separate thread?)

Cheers

System specs:

AMD Athlon64 3200 (Winchester) with TT Silent Boost K8 HSF
Asrock 939DualSata2
2gb RAM [Geil Value PC3200 2 x 512mb (2.5-3-3-6) & Geil PC4000 2 x 512mb (2.5-7-4-4)]
Connect 3D X800GTO
Audigy LS
Enermax EG465AX-VE

yeah go dual core i think (i just did). grab an opteron 170 if you can find it too as they oc well and have more L2 cache. I have the same mobo as you and am currently attempting to get my opty 175 (2200mhz stock) stable at 2.9ghz. Its runs at 2.8 on stock volts which is really good as the dual satas have limited voltsage options (unless modded). Hit the AMD Motherboards -> Other Motherboards section. there is a huge thread on voltmods and another on this board in general (may have to search).

GL with it

Thanks guys, but I found a cheap 3700+, Dual core 939s aren't cheap here in the UK. AM2 on the other hand are much cheaper and for the price of a 4000+ (skt 939) you can get an AM2 Dual core 3800. A skt939 Dual core is 50% more expensive.

Back