• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Upgrade Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BasJon

Hi all Im new here hoping some one can help me my current pc specs are as follows Abit AB9 Allendale E6400 2 Gig Corsair pc5400 4x 512 sticks XFX GeForce 7900 GTX 512Mb Blue Orb II Cooler 680 Watt power supply I play A few online games main favourite is Battlefield 2142 I was thinking of upgrading my Ram but not sure which to go with my budget is approx 200 pounds and I would like 2 gigs again was looking at some dominator pc 8500 as its on offer at the moment but not sure if my mobo will support it Can anyone help me choose which would be the best that I will see a difference from what I currently own thanx all Jon

If your board supports PC5400, I think it should support PC8500

Don't go and buy it just because I said that though, I'm not 100% sure :p

Raptord said:
If your board supports PC5400, I think it should support PC8500

Don't go and buy it just because I said that though, I'm not 100% sure :p
Cool when I check abit homepage they say my board supports pc 4200 pc 5400 and pc 6400 but would love to use pc8500

Dominator ram is over priced imo.
Why the upgrade as you all ready have 2ghz, are you looking for a better OC or something. dont get me wrong theres some nice ram out there but knowing what you want to get out of it would help.

All so is your corsair C4 or C5 and what speed do you ran it at now

Seriously, you should buy an E4300 which will work better with that PC2-5400 RAM and allow a higher O/C. Then sell the E6400 for about what you paid for the new CPU. It's close to a zero cost upgrade.

Deanzo said:
Dominator ram is over priced imo.
Why the upgrade as you all ready have 2ghz, are you looking for a better OC or something. dont get me wrong theres some nice ram out there but knowing what you want to get out of it would help.

All so is your corsair C4 or C5 and what speed do you ran it at now
Hi my current is c5 i think when i look at the setting with everest it say my cpu is running at 9% overclock and my ram is running at 4.5.5.15 @ 333mhz Yes I would like to overclock my system but im a noobie at it just thought the faster speed ram would increase my map loading times and maybe a bit better ingame fpsany suggestions would be great thanx jon

Back