• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD to E6600 Intel Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike Jag

Registered
After reading a bunch I decided on one of these 2 systems. I already hard the h/d`s 2 doing raid. And have P/S to handle the job. I will not overclock it major but will try to push a little, All on air by the way and loooking for a very stable system.

Also I run the res at 1920 at 1200 and like everything maxxed, And have a Tuniq Tower 120 on the way

E145-2008 :: EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard /
Intel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 4MB Cache Retail
E145-8000 :: EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI
O261-6032 :: OCZ DFI Special Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2
L12-1093 :: Lite-On SH-16A7S Super Allwrite / 16x DVD±R Burn & Read / 8 x DVD+R / 6x DVD-RW / 8x DVD±R DL / 12x DVD-RAM / SATA / Internal

Abit AW9D-MAX 975X Core 2 Duo (Extreme Edition)/Pentium Extreme Edition/Pentium D/P4 1066FSB LGA775 DDR2 ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Dual
Intel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 4MB Cache Retail
BFG BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card Retail
OCZ OCZ2T8002GK 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Titanium EPP-Ready Dual Channel Memory Retail

Last edited:
i've had hesitations about lite-on's since i purchased one a few years back. it wasn't a big deal, but every once in a while it would burn a cd that didn't have tracks on it, that sounded really scratchy, or just simply would stop playing midway through a song. i don't know what the issue was, but i could always just reburn the cd and it was typically fine. guess the biggest disappointment was that i burned a cd for a friend as a gift to him and then it ended up not playing and i hadn't checked it. i was quite embarrased. in any case, having to check your cd's after every single burn gets quite annoying.

my NEC dvd burner has performed flawlessly 100% of the time for the last 2 years though. that would be my recommend.

again, this is probably not a major point of contention in your build, but i figured i'd throw in my $0.02.

This is another 2 cent reply, but from what I've seen I really like the Abit board, but I personally would be tempted to wait what to see what ATI ends up offering by way of a DX10 card before investing in that board, simply because we know the Abit will do Crossfire, we don't know that it will ever do SLI... then again Crossfire/SLI may not even be a concern of yours.

Well on my amd system I have been using 2 7800gts Sli`d. I want out, No more Sli/Amd. So since I have not had an intel system since the 486 days. I have been trying to play catch up on whats the current best board/chipset to purchase. So all you intell folks help me make my shooping list even better

Back