• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merlin803

Registered
I am just a hair above newbie status when it comes to overclocking and have run into a problem with my system not being able to properly go into Hibernate or Sleep mode (the monitor shuts off but the pc stays on).

Similar thing happens when I do a reboot except I end up having to turn the pc power off and then back on to get it to reboot because the pc "hangs" and the monitor stays off.

A little background - I am doing a mild OC at 7 x 333 fsb with a FSB:RAM Ratio to 1:1.

If I use 7 x 325 then I don't have these problems, so I know the easy answer is not to go higher than this but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them :)

My ram is set at 5-5-5-15.

Idle CPU temp = 38 c

Dimm V: +.03

PCIe freq: Auto (I tried locking this at 100 but a reboot always resets my OC to default settings).

FSB: +.1

CPU Vcore: 1.35

unfortunately you are at the limits of that motherboard. you have an s3 with the 945 chipset, and that chipset does not do high fsb very well. there is a s3 with a 965 chipset that oc's much better.

I read one user of this board said that he had to raise his pcie to 110 or over to get to a stable 2.41Ghz.

Does this seem reasonable. Could this damage the graphics card?

no, it wouldn't damage the video card, but i wouldn't try much higher than 110mhz.

to get 2.4ghz, you'll need 343fsb. i think that is just asking too much from that board, but some might get lucky.

Back