• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7a jumperless overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madiaz

Registered
with bios rev 1004 can you use bios multiplier or indeed need to use dip switches? what can be expected of an unlocked 1 gig athlon with aggresive air cooling?
thanks
m.a.d.

Is it an asus a7a266 and what kind of processor do you plan to put in it?

sorry about that. Wasnt thinking right. I've been trying to get my geforce 2ti video card working right. been 2 days. I finally figured it out.

I upgraded from a 1 gig athlon and got the chip up to 1.15 just with the frontside bus. I didnt experiment with the multipier maybe i will do that with my other comp. The frontside bus goes to 150 mhz stable on my board but you might have better luck than me.

let me rephrase the question.

do you guys use the bios on the a7a 266 or the dip switches?

I use the bios. Much easier than opening your box everytime you want to overclock.

madiaz said:
let me rephrase the question.

do you guys use the bios on the a7a 266 or the dip switches?

The dipswitches cause it doesn't work in the BIOS (as far as I'm aware they haven't made one yet that does, at least)...course, I had to get a different BIOS (1006 beta 001) that I found by searching the forums (I have NO idea where I got it now, that was a good five months ago now...) so that I could change the mult via dipswitches and FSB via BIOS.

Good luck to you in finding it. If I still had it I'd post it...but I don't...so sorry about that.

oooh, mystery, i love it.
thank you gentlemen i will experiment and post if succesful.

till then,
m.a.d.

I am with THelemac
I always changed mine with the dip switches also.
I cannot get it to change in the bios either.

I just unlocked a t bird 950 and tried to use the jumperless settings in bios. They are there but it wont let you touch them. I used the dip switches and it works that way.

I just thought if asus put it in the bios it should work but i am wrong. sorry for doubting you thelemac.

when i change the multiplier i cant change the dipswitches over 133 frontside bus. That bios thelemac got I'm gonna look for it but i still dont understand why asus wont let you do it in the bios. the other board i have is an abit kt7a and it lets you change it in bios.

Back