• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig Built... some quick questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

schwachs

Registered
Ok, I feel like a noob again... I haven't built a system in probably three years and have a few questions now that I'm up and running...

My new system is in my sig below.

Everything is running fine in standard non-OC'd mode. Wanted to get things up and running before I start playing around. Here are my questions:

I am running SpeedFan to get some basic stats. However, I'm seeing a few weird things:

First of all none of my fan speeds are showing up in SpeedFan - is there something I missed hookup up for my P5B Deluxe?

Secondly, my "AUX" temperature is at 119C... I am not sure what that is referring to as all the rest of my temps are quite cool... System 35c, CPU 31c, and HD0 29c. Any idea what this is and did I forget to hook something up as well?

Third... when I want to begin OC'ing again, is there a good FAQ, Doc to read... it's really been like 3 years since I touched any of the settings on my old P4 system and I'd like to get a refresher, etc. as I know this system is ripe for some serious OC'ing.

Thanks for you help.

For your second question, the program is probably looking for a sensor that isnt there. on my friends rig, one said 5c and another one said 159c, but everything else was normal. as for number three, just look around at some stickies.

Back