• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cold boot issues on Ultra-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rangi

System specs as follows, 3200 on a ultra-d mobo at 2.5Ghz 250*10 at 1.6vcore
Bios 704-2bta, 2x512 Mushkin redline @3.2v 1:1 2-2-2-5 orange slots 4v enabled, ATI 850PE video card and a Western digital 250GB Sata with XP pro Sp2.

As the title states I'm having issues with cold booting, to get it to start I have to drain the power from the mobo as in pulling out the power cable waiting for 30sec putting it back in and pusting the power on button and hoping for the best.
I know that If I were to use the yellow slots with 4v disabled I have no problem, using the orange slots with vdimm at or over 3.2v and the cpu overclocked it has issues. I have tried many Bios's to no joy, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the components to no effect.

Perhaps someone may have a better Idea :)

2nd issue; Getting more than 3.2v in the bios has become troublesome 4v jumper enabled etc but when I reflash I loose the settings from 3.2v and upwards, even if I reset the cmos jumper and have the 704-2bta bios installed, very strange indeed.

Perhaps someone can help here too :)

rangi

Update
No joy in the cold boot issue using the orange ram slots

The 704-2bta Bios when the 4v jumper enabled does not display the full range of Vdimm values, I thought I would have up to 4v? I have tried other Bios and still no values over 3.2v...Has anyone experienced this with this board?

I have had to drop my clock considerably, the cpu cannot cope, so it's upgrade time!

Back