• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltmod my 6600GT -- Opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey guys,

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=486380

^ There I put a nice Zalman Copper HSF on my 6600GT and it clocks 590/1160 at 35c idle and 55c load. I wanted to know how much more I could squeeze out of this card?
**Go take a look at the stock eVGA HSF !! Its nuts ! **

It is struggling with games like Medieval 2 on high settings when the battles include like 1000 men...It lags....

So basically, how risky is a voltmod and what will I be looking it in terms of performance gains? Would it allow like 100MHz on mem and core frequencies or like 25? If its 25-50...Probably not worth risking it.

Thanks, ps2cho

I can't seem to find how to do it...

I have searched, but all of the ones look different to mine.

EDIT: After taking it out and having a really good look, I think I figured it out.

I used this picture:
attachment.php

Then used my multimeter...and the 3d reads 1.446v when running 3dmark. It runs 1.219v Idle.

Well, I'd like to try and boost it to 1.5v so let me find out where to pencil the transistor :)

EDIT: I tried to check the ohms...but my multimeter just stays at 0. I don't get it. I grounded the black one and put the red on the place in the picture to find the resistance...But nothing happens

Last edited:
Back