• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU folding error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow.... After just 5 seconds it says starting GUI server and my temps skyrocketed and everything got extremely laggy(still is), will they stop going up anytime soon? This is normal, right?

edit: im @ 90C now and still rising. I do sure hope this is normal.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
Wow.... After just 5 seconds it says starting GUI server and my temps skyrocketed and everything got extremely laggy(still is), will they stop going up anytime soon? This is normal, right?

edit: im @ 90C now and still rising. I do sure hope this is normal.

Mine goes that high when the SMP is off or goes idle. Folding makes my GPU temps MUCH higher than gaming does. I need to go back to the stock cooling, (or find some place with the HR-03 in stock), since the Accelero X2 just made my temps over 10°C worse.

I got me a Vf700 on the way, so luckily ill get that 1.55V ive been shooting for with low folding temps.

Almost all the 256MB cards are laggy when folding. The X1950 Pro seems to be one of the few exceptions. The GT is one of the most laggy.

1.55V is too high for stock cooling but if you can keep it @ 90 or less, you will probably be OK. If a dust bunny gets in your rig watch out. If you have filters on your fans, keep them cleaned weekly.

Back