• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 Revision 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg and SVC are both sold out at the moment. Not sure if they'll be getting any more in. You might want to check the want adds also.

I'm just curious as to why this particular cooler? I have one and also a copper Zalman and it seems the Zalman get's better temps. I know the base is smoother than the Silencer. Also the base doesn't touch the memory unless you use some very thick pads.

Rat can you post a link? I am considering alternatives. I thought there was only one air fan cooler. The stock cooling is getting noisy by the second and its driving me crazy lol!

Amoroso said:
Okay let me reask my question...

What is the best aftermarket VGA cooler for my x850xt.
For the price, this was the best for a long time. Quiet, cools well and rather easy to install. Really this cooler is right in the same category with the ATI Cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118117

You can find this thing at several stores and I'm sure other places are cheaper.

I have an X800GTO and I was considering the Zalmans but I was advised not to get one and instead to get the Arctic Cooling. But alas I still never bought one, I'm still using the original fan!

I've been thinking of getting the Arctic cooling though.
The Zalmans seem difficult to get hold of but I've seen the Arctic cooling in several retailers. Im based in UK but I guess you're in Nth America (with the mention of Newegg)

You could try a certain online auction I guess..

Back