• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does SLI 7900GTX compare to 8800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitbyaprkedcar7

Hey everyone, iv been wondering about this for a while. I recently traded my two 7800GT's for two 7900GTX's because the guy who i got the 7800gt's off of upgraded to the 7900gtx's, but said he liked gaming on the 7800gt's better, so he just flat out traded them. I got a damn good deal, lol

But i havnt been able to use them in SLI yet, and i was wondering how they stack up to an 8800gtx/s ?

Edit: Oh yeah, there the BGF OCed Versions :)

I looked this up myself recently, as I am in the same boat.

On the benchmarks, it seems that two 7900GTXs are about equal with one 8800GTX. There are a few tests where the SLI'd 7900s beat out the single 8800 in the big resolution testing with AA / AF enabled. We are talking absolute marginal differences here though. At the end of the day, I honestly dont think it is worth it. I will, however, probably upgrade to a single 8900GTX when they hit the market.

Back