• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would it matter where I install a TV tuner card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
I have a P5B-D motherboard and two PCI devices I'm going to use at the same time: a soundcard and a TV tuner card. With a double-wide graphics card I have two PCI slots available - one next to the upper PCIe graphics slots and one down at the bottom of the board. I was going to install the TV tuner away from the graphics card because I'm kind of nutty and thought it might get some interference next to the video card. But then I also thought that everything should be shielded or grounded enough to not worry about this.

So, short of just trying it out, what does anyone think about this? Is there any chance of interference from adjacent cards or am I just being silly?

shouldn't have problem! especially for video signal!! the slightest chances to have interference from the mobo/cards to worry about is audio signal. however, that's still don't really matter UNLESS your ear is professionally trained and has highend audio gear ($5k+/speaker!).

LandShark said:
shouldn't have problem! especially for video signal!! the slightest chances to have interference from the mobo/cards to worry about is audio signal. however, that's still don't really matter UNLESS your ear is professionally trained and has highend audio gear ($5k+/speaker!).

zactly... put it in any order... although i would put the coolest and smallest component awya from the gfx card.

Back