• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDTV LCD Monitor Inquiry [newbie]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcticPenguin

Hello all - Im fairly new to the whole HDTV area, while ive had experience with one before but a blotch of dead pixel filled the screen and got annoying watching videos or using it as a pc monitor...ive found two monitors im interested in purchasing on a budget at the moment to use as a Computer Monitor and basic entertainment usage [dvd player, general tv watching]

1. http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0245608

2.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat95100050022&id=1140392384567

Im trying to figure out if those would be beneficial for a pc monitor im currently using a Apple Mac Pro 2.66 quad core with a ATI X1900XT video card which suopports high resolutions but form my previous experience with a 32inch lcd hdtv monitor the best i could get was 1280x768 or something really bizarre like that and stretched out all the text and graphics and was unbearable to workon for video editing and applications though video showed upw ell as a pc monitor ...

I have a vga cable and a HDMi-to-DVI cable and was wondering waht would be the best option to use to get a good resolution as a pc monitor as im using both OS X and XP Pro SP2 on the same machine

If anyone has any good tips or pointers i should look into before purchasing either of those monitors id appreciate it and how to set up the full resolution with the monitor and video card as im not entirely sure how to get the best aspect out of them - as ive seen alot of pcs with 32inch hdtv and they have pretty clear set ups without saturation or blurry graphics and choppiness and can read websites and text pretty good.

Thanks!!

thanks for that - im searching for one i could locally buy and use in case of any issues i wouldnt have to go through returning it with shipping and all that - but ill keep that link in mind thanks alot.

A lot of times local places (HHGregg, Best Buy) will match or at least try to come close to online vendor prices. I just brought a printout of the price with shipping to my local store. They beat that price, but tax brought it back up over that. At least it was ~$200 off the advertised price though.

Back