• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random resets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dtto on checking the event viewer. Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer -> System. Look for red icons.

If you yank the modem, does the machine still reset? Also try plugging the USB plug into a different header- ie plug it into a front port instead of the rear.

drshivas said:
Dtto on checking the event viewer. Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer -> System. Look for red icons.

If you yank the modem, does the machine still reset? Also try plugging the USB plug into a different header- ie plug it into a front port instead of the rear.

I've found the event log to never say anything out of the ordinary apart from a very rare memory dump when crashes occur. Back when I had BSOD, they would occur no matter what port it was plugged into.

invictius said:
I've found the event log to never say anything out of the ordinary apart from a very rare memory dump when crashes occur. Back when I had BSOD, they would occur no matter what port it was plugged into.

Might help to list your equipment. You don't happen to have an Asrock MB, do you?

Back