• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista upgrade questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

I want to purchase the Vista Home Premium 64-bit upgrade for my laptop. It's my main (DTR) system and I wont be using anything else for a few years. I understand my current Symantec antivir won't work with it anymore so what antivir will work?! Also the only download Microsoft currently offers is the US-English version, will I be able to set the regional settings to the Netherlands/Dutch etc.?! What else will I run into? Dell has full 64-bit Vista drivers for my entire laptop btw...

You may be able to use Symantec, see the Vista reference thread below. If you can't for some reason AVG seems to work for me.

Turns out I could get a Dell OEM Vista ultimate DVD, running it as I'm typing. Instant full support for my XPS M1710 including all the various direct access buttons and function keys! I decided on the NOD32 antivirus system. Now I'll spend my time setting up my usual stuff...

Back