• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lookin for a cheap laser printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

I need a laser printer dirt cheap, like $60-80. I know there are occasionally some sales like this, so if anyone finds one or knows of a good deal please let me know.

There are about 3-4 laser printers in the $60-80 price range, which are even hard to find at that price. I have the Samsung ML-2010. If you have a MicroCenter near you, then you can pick one up for $80. Brother also has an entry-level laser printer in that price range I've seen at Best Buy and Circuit City. I believe HP also came out with an entry-level laser printer, but you'd have to check. Dell also has there Laser 1110, which I believe is OEM Samsung.

Samsung ML-2010
This is the one I have, I've had it for about a year now and never had to replace the toner eventhough it comes with a starter toner, if I was still using an inkjet i would have had to have bought ink at least two to three times during the same period of time.

Avg said:
Samsung ML-2010
This is the one I have, I've had it for about a year now and never had to replace the toner eventhough it comes with a starter toner, if I was still using an inkjet i would have had to have bought ink at least two to three times during the same period of time.

Same here, it's a pretty nice printer. I got mine when it was $120 after rebate... then about a week later it went down to ~$50 after rebate. :mad:

FWIW, the rebate seems to come pretty fast, plus you'll get an email when they finally process it.

Wow, that is a cheap laser. says the starter toner cart will do ~1000 pages...that's pretty decent...I don't think I print that much in 2 years :)

Any idea how much the replacement toner carts are for that printer?

Ditto , on the Samsung ML-2010 ! Good little work horse and toner is easily refillable and dirt cheap (tonerkits.com) .

jivetrky said:
wow...or I guess you can buy that refill kit from tonerkits.com for $10 shipped.

Yeh the refill kits at tonerkits.com work fantastic !!!. The guy is also on ebay (same name) , and the prices are identical .

Highly recommend . ;)

stereo555 said:
Yeh the refill kits at tonerkits.com work fantastic !!!. The guy is also on ebay (same name) , and the prices are identical .

Highly recommend . ;)

I got a ML-2010 for FAR, it has worked flawless so far. I recently ran out of toner so I had to get some rather than buy a new cartridge...

I used tonerkits (on eBay) per stereo's recommendation, I got 2 kits (i.e. 2 refills) for $12 shipped for the starter cartridge. It took about 5 minutes to do the refill process, wasn't messy at all and it prints as good as new.

I'd wait until the next holiday and then look at the prices. These things are on sale a lot. I picked up a Samsung SCX-4100 about a year ago for cheap on sale (like $50). It's a laser all-in-one. The carts are about $80 in the store, but can be found cheaper online.

Death to ink jet cartridges!

Be careful what you buy, cost of the laser isn't everything. Look at cost of cartridges too. I like brother personally, because a lot of their printers do not require you to replace the drum every time you replace the toner, which saves a lot of money. I'd rather pay 200 for a printer, and 30 per cartridge, than 50 for a printer, and 100 per cartridge.

The Samsung ML series are very nice intro level printers. My ML 1710 has lasted me almost 4 years, with only one toner replacement and I have been printing tons of papers and notes, regular college stuff.

It has been quite abused as well, I even dropped it about 3 feet onto a concrete sidewalk, and it started right up and ran flawlessly.

Seriously I am gonna get the staples one I think after 2 years of inkjet CRA* refils and then it broke last week. I am so done with inkjets. Will pick this up this week.
repd

Once I got this Brother Laser Printer (HL-2070N) dirt cheap, I'm never buying an ink jet printer again.

That Samsung one looks really good, If you are looking for a cheap/nice network one I suggest the model I got.

Back