• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista install problem with Ich5r SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital_Cowboy

I'm trying to install vista ultimate 32 bit to my 250GB SATA drive attached to the Intel ICH5r ports on my abit ic7 max3. I can get it to install fine, but when i remove the windows DVD from the drive it wont boot. I figure that i've got bad drivers for the SATA, but i can't find new ones. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? My Hard drives show up in the install windows without installing the drivers, and when i insert the driver floppy or USB key, the intel drivers don't show up until i uncheck the box that hides incompatible drivers. Please help.

The Intel chipset drivers do have support for the 875P/ICH5, below is a quote from the download page, you will also find below the link to the download page.

Note: This version of the utility no longer contains support for chipsets using an I/O controller hub older than the Intel® 82801EB controller hub (ICH5).
INF Update Utility

Ok, i got it working, but not using the ich5r chipset. I am using a PCI card SATA controller with the Silicon Image bridge. Guess it's time to upgrade.

Back