• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble converting wavs to mp3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

I use a sony icd-p320 to record various lectures and what not. And I've been using lamexp to convert the wav files to mp3, but lately, it's been really dodgy. It just doesnt work or just converts 20 seconds or 20 minutes of the wav. Any suggestions on how to get it to convert properly?

wfarid said:
I use a sony icd-p320 to record various lectures and what not. And I've been using lamexp to convert the wav files to mp3, but lately, it's been really dodgy. It just doesnt work or just converts 20 seconds or 20 minutes of the wav. Any suggestions on how to get it to convert properly?

Try Cheetah Converter, its the best app for converting audio files that I know of. And its freeware (or at least was when I downloaded it). Drop me a PM if you can't find it or it still won't work.

Try other software, as mentioned.

VLC, apart from playing, can also transcode.

Audacity is usually recommended for these sorts of things so I'll go ahead and throw it out there. Very fast and easy to use (open the wav file, click on the file menu, and Convert to MP3). All it needs is the location of your lame dll like in winamp's folder, system32 or whereever and you can change the MP3 bitrate in preferences.

Edit:
Silicon's first post on OCF said:
Give a try to FlexiMusic Wave Editor, an audio/Mp3 editor.
Silicon's second post on OCF said:
FlexiMusic Wave Editor, an Mp3 editor can do it for you.
:eh?:

Not trying to troll or anything, but it does seem a bit odd to recommend the same shareware program in your only two posts in almost exactly the same way.

Last edited:
Back