• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I get a good Deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punisher69

I won a auction on ebay for a PC POWER AND COOLING 510 ATX DELUXE.

Cables have been re-sleeved UV blue.

Winning Bid was $75.99 US

Did I get a good deal?

Link

Definetely a good deal even when you factor in shipping. Some people are actually upgrading from these units but you should be fine as long as you dont run sli.

Well, I Need to start somewhere. As you can see in my Sig, I really need to upgrade. I'm planning on getting a better system this summer. Something like this

MOBO: Asus p5b Deluxe
CPU: X6800
VIDEO: 8800 GTX (8900 GTX Mabey, Depending on power reqs.)
RAM: Undecided DDR2 (Depending on Chips/Current Binning)
HDD's: 2 x WD Raptor X 150G

I'm glad it was sleeved UV Blue, I can order some UV Blue G11 pentosin from petras. and it should match nicely.

I Don't Plan on Sli, so the 510 atx should power all that should'nt it.

This is the complete list it will have to power.

Asus p5b Deluxe
X6800
1 8800 GTX
Undecided DDR2
DVD Burner
6 Yate loon Fans
2 80mm fans
2 Swiftech MCP655 Pumps
Sunbeam Rheobus
Vantac Fan Controller
2 x WD raptorx 150g

How many watts do you think it will be requesting from the power supply.

Will I be able to do some Overclocking?

I just seen a basically same question involing the same power supply here.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=502610

That should be enough to power that system, the 510 is a beast of a PSU. Only thing you need to be aware of is that the one you bought has a 20 pin ATX connector, you need to get an adapter to use it with a 24pin motherboard (pretty much any new mobo).

funnyperson1 said:
That should be enough to power that system, the 510 is a beast of a PSU. Only thing you need to be aware of is that the one you bought has a 20 pin ATX connector, you need to get an adapter to use it with a 24pin motherboard (pretty much any new mobo).

Yes, I was thinking that. But as the same time, those connectors have the equivlent of about 2 feet in length of wire worth of resistance when you look @ the connection between the pins.

So I'll buy the 20-24 pin connector and then rewire/solder/resleeve the new connector to the psu. I also need to think about the pci-e connectors. I'm hoping some adapters come with the 8800 gtx when you buy it. If not, I guess I could post a wanted in the classifieds. I will wire/solder/resleeve those into the psu as well.I don't what too many pin connectors before the power even reaches the component because it will vreate a droop in voltage. Anyways good to know that it will power a single 8800gtx conroe system. I'm glad.. :)

Edit: I Could easly do the mods to the psu myself but i'll have to call PCPC because I don't want to kill my warrenty.

Last edited:
Rather than modifying this power supply to do what you need, it might be easier to turn around and sell it, and get a new supply that already does everything you need.

I'd bet you could probably even make a few bucks off the PCP&C.

Back