• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Ultimate and VPN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beastiedk

Registered
Hi

I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit and cannot set up a VPN connection. Its not the firewall, and he other side of the line is up (it works in Vista RC1 and XP pro - both 32 and 64 bit)

Anybody has/had the same issue? Any tips?

Thanks

mm I am not sure I understand you. I am setting up the plain Windows VPN client (and I use an RSA client to login to mywork, but that comes afterwards, it is not even installed)

You could try this LINK (Beta version for Windows Vista Cisco VPN Client)

This beta version has worked fine for the 8 or so VPN installs that I have done with Vista

What kind of router and firewall does the other side have?

There are issues with certain firewalls. I have a problem with pptp on my cisco at work. I switched to ipsec straight into the cisco and thats working.

VinnyTAMU said:
You could try this LINK (Beta version for Windows Vista Cisco VPN Client)

This beta version has worked fine for the 8 or so VPN installs that I have done with Vista

When I run the install, it gives me an error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installed package. A program requred for this install to complete could not be found...

Back