• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Benching Team Member] - Join the fray!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Hi guys,

First I'd like to thank all our current Team members, LutaWicasa and Super Nade, I really appreciate all your hard work. We now have a new rank, 'Benching Team Member' available to anyone who contributes on a regular basis. The requirement's are pretty straight forward and we're always ready to welcome new members. If you think you would like to join the Team please do the following:

Post a minimum of ten complete benchmark tests - choose 10 from the following list of HWbot rankings. When you complete the requirements and would like to join the team, send a request via PM to either Brolloks or sno.lcn and mention you'd like to join the team. Include the link to your HWBot profile along with the PM.

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

3DMark06

3DMark Vantage

Aquamark

Super PI 1M

Super PI 32M

PIFast

PCMark05

CPU-Z

wPrime 32M

wPrime 1024M

-please note SiSoft Sandra & PCMark04 no longer earn Team points and do not qualify for team membership

All new Team members must have an account @ HWBot. All 3D results including PCMark05 require a public ORB link which includes your nick and -OC Forums- (our Team tag) in the description.

A public ORB link requires an account with Futuremark. An optional screen cap of the result is also highly suggested when posting to hwbot. Screen shots should follow hwbot guidelines in order for results to be valid otherwise they may be blocked. See hwbot submission guidelines for more info or ask any team member.

wPrime uses online submission much like Futuremark, therefore it is not necessary to post in either team threads for wPrime unless you are using a screen cap - use wPrime online submission unless you're benching a rig without an internet connection. HWbot gives users the ability to submit scores on the forums or directly to hwbot. Results may be edited and of course you can browse & compare other hardware & scores to compare. hwbot also has a more complete DB, better than FM in fact.

FYI anyone can have an account on HWbot, it is not related to Team membership.

New Team members will also get access to the Team Discussion Lounge, where we discuss all the hot topics - Team strategy, advanced tweaking & bench technique and anything else we'd prefer to keep under the radar. If you complete the requirements and would like to recieve the Team rank please make the request via PM and mention you'd like to join the team. Membership will be reviewed approx. every 6 months.

Thats it, good luck everyone. We look forward to welcoming you to the Team :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, you don't have to be an expert, but you will become one. We are here to have fun and encourage each other. You don't need the latest and greatest hardware, just a bit of dedication to the cause. ;)

Also, competing against yourself can be just as much fun as competing against similar systems. :)

not sure how many i have submitted. when i get a chance i'll go over em all again.

i think i might be picking up a new (to me) vid card soon too, so that should be fun.

Sweet, Ill start benching tonight :D

Heres some of the hardware I have to bench -

corsair 5400ul fatbody 512mb*2
crucial pc6400 fatbody 512mb*2
corsair dominator 1g*2 c5 pc8888 (handpicked :))

e6300 on single stage (just got it working correctly)

and my good ol' x1900xt

should be fun to start benching again

OMFG! Im sooo ****ed off right now...

This has to be the WORST chip ever created by intel...

e6300 wont even boot into windows at 500fsb @ -42c!

Either that or the board is complete junk....

i want to kick it all right now

I've heard some of those chips have an FSB wall, just luck of the draw. I'd sell it and pick up something else, the next chip has to be better than this one.

yeah, e6300's are wierd sometimes, I've had a few that didn't want to boot over 480 or so, no matter volts, but once in windows clockgen to around 520 or so :p

ElMaxi said:
Hi guys,

First I'd like to thank all our current Team members, LutaWicasa and Super Nade, I really appreciate all your hard work & dedication. We now have a new rank, 'Benching Team Member' available to anyone who contributes on a regular basis. The requirement's are pretty straight forward and we're always ready to welcome new members. If you think you would like to join the Team please do the following:

Post at least 10 valid 3D or 2D results to each of our current hwbot rankings. Valid benchmarks are as follows:

3DMark01

3DMark03

3DMark05

3DMark06

Aquamark

Super PI 1M

Super PI 32M

PIFast

PCMark05

CPU-Z

wPrime 32M

wPrime 1024M

3D results and PCMark05 require a published ORB link with an optional screen cap of the result. For 2D results we ask that you please try to include as much information as you can in the screen shot, (CPU-Z main tab and/or Clockgen with the CPU-Z memory tab where possible) in addition to the test result. Currently we are not looking for Sisoft & PCMark04 results so these will not apply.

New Team members will also get access to the Team Discussion Lounge, where we discuss all the hot topics from Team strategy to advanced tweaking & know-how and anything else we'd prefer to keep under the radar. If you complete the requirements and would like to recieve the Team rank please PM either Houserat or myself and mention you'd like to join the team. Membership will be reviewed approx. every 6 months. Thats it, we look forward to welcoming you to the Team :)

Do I understand this right... We need 10 to each category? Which would be 120 min benchies total?

120 X 32M = a long dang time!!

But you'd sure be a 32M expert when your finished :D

Theres alot of tough competition on hwbot running similar hardware aaron, take a look here to see how the boints are calculated. X64 does pose some problems with certain tests, does AQ3 even load for you or is there an error immediately? I'll see if I can find out something about this tonight but it's looking like you'll either need to load up regular XP or we'll make an exception and let you in with 9 results. I'm leaning towards the latter :)

@jiggaman,

I'm sorry this is the first time I am seeing your post. You we're supposed to send a PM with your status and request per the instructions! Anyway good work benching. There are a couple of things you need to do in the future - For 3D results show CPU-Z and an application that displays card clocks if using a screen shot. Ideally, the best thing for 3D scores is to post the ORB link like you did for '06. You also need to put your username (forum nick) in the description
with -OC Forums- after so anyone browsing the ORB knows what Team you represent.

For 2D results, CPU-Z with main & memory tab showing is preferred although the main tab only is fine. Keep me posted!

El<(')>Maxi said:
Theres alot of tough competition on hwbot running similar hardware aaron, take a look here to see how the boints are calculated. X64 does pose some problems with certain tests, does AQ3 even load for you or is there an error immediately? I'll see if I can find out something about this tonight but it's looking like you'll either need to load up regular XP or we'll make an exception and let you in with 9 results. I'm leaning towards the latter :)

Oh man, didn't realize how boints were calculated. There is some tough competition in the e6600 / 8800GTX field, and I've pushed this CPU as far as it can go with water. Time to pick up a phase unit perhaps.. :)

AQ3 crashes on load, before any screen is displayed. I may have a workaround for the PCMark05 video encoding test, if I can get the 32-bit WM Encoder to work on X64. My XP32 license is no longer valid, but maybe I'll pick up a copy if I have to.

I'll update with any results in the morning. Thanks for the help!

Hey aaronjb

I used X64 for just over a year, and AQ mark never worked for me.

And as for PC Mark05, the amount of time for zero results just did my head in..I tried the 32bit WM encoder but it never help me, but good luck and if you ever get it to work I'd love to know how.

@ jiggamanjb,
I see you back there, I added about 10 points last night might have to do the same tonight to give me some breathing room.

Catch me if you can mate :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back