• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS freeze?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exile960

Registered
Hello, I just finished my computer today and got it all running etc. When I booted it up for the first time with my monitor the BIOS came up. I plugged a keyboard in it says,

"The graphics card detected in PCIE X16_2 or 3 SLI slot
Please move to PCIE X16_1 slot for non-SLI operation.40Ghz"

Press DEL to enter setup etc.

Nothing on the keyboard works, I try all the keys only control/alt/delete works. It reconizes my 2 gigs and processor, so that is good.

Any suggestions?

I tried moving the video card but it is like....stuck..it is so stupidly massive it is hard to get out. I tried quite hard and did not want to any harder in case I either 1. Farted or 2. Broke it.

Thanks for the help.

Ok...got past that part and finally got it out. Now when I load up everthing it is fine, jiust when I hit continuie it will go to a screen that says,
NVIDIA Boot Agent
Copyright
Copyright
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
FXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent.
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

What cable and what disk?

Exile960 said:
Ok...got past that part and finally got it out. Now when I load up everthing it is fine, jiust when I hit continuie it will go to a screen that says,
NVIDIA Boot Agent
Copyright
Copyright
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
FXE-MOF: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent.
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

What cable and what disk?
Well, that means that you won't be able to boot from the hard drive, your install is probably corrupt. Have you tried booting from you installation disc for your operating system?

Not yet, I will try that. What can I expect to happen after this screen? lol

Actually I just tried that, however it is not working still. Maybe I need to go buy a new Windows CD I guess? lol.

Are there only two things that are suppose to be connected to the HD? Power and the big black cable?

Exile960 said:
Actually I just tried that, however it is not working still. Maybe I need to go buy a new Windows CD I guess? lol.

Are there only two things that are suppose to be connected to the HD? Power and the big black cable?

...no, your CD is fine. First reset your CMOS and set your boot drive to CDROM. Try that. If that does not work, remove any extra devices that you don't need to boot from the CD (hard drives, sounds cards...etc). Make sure that the CD drive can be seen from the BIOS. If it is not visable, you either have it hooked up wrong, or have the jumper set incorrectly. Keep us updated.

Back