• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who is the idiot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blaholdings

Registered
I am experiencing difficulties with running Oblivion (Elder Scrolls) on my new E4300 based computer. Here are the specs:

Gigabyte DS3 MB
Intel E4300 @ 1.8ghz
2GB PC6400 DDR
ATI X1950XT 256 MB

I wrote to Bethesda's technical support and they replied back stating that my system was not supported because their minimum requirements state the game requires a "2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor" and since 1.8 < 2.0, they can not help me.

Assuming I'm not the idiot (which is possible), how do I explain to them that simply basing their decision on my rated CPU speed is retarded? Are their any articles or benchmarks that show otherwise?

well, I think oblivion is one of the few games which support dual core. and also, like hainer said, its a completely different chip. 1ghz c2d > 1ghz P4

I would ask to speak to someone that actually has a brain and knew a little something about computers!

Just call back 99% chance you will get a different rep
you could also tell us the probs you are having maybe some on ehere can help

Its definatly not you, its the guy on the other end. The game is more then well capable of running on an E4300 @ 1.8Ghz. Also its semi dual core compatable, it does use some of the second core but its really a small percentage on the lines of 5-15% if that of the second core.

Next time you talk with them and they ask for the CPU speed, just say 3.6Ghz Intel chip. There reps should know more about CPU speeds and that speed isn't everything.

good one. overclock it to 2.01Ghz. :beer: then call them back. if u run into the same guy again. tell him your computer spec is okay. Your computer run faster than his brain. he needs a brain upgrade.:santa:

You also may want to post a thread in the video games section here at OCF. You may get help quicker from there ;).

ROFL! Man, I needed a chuckle this morning, thanks! :D That's seriously some funny stuff.

What sorts of problems are you having exactly? Do you have any mods installed? I love that game, so I may be able to help you.

People who dont know anything about computers have no buisness in tech support at a game manufacturer.

/rant

OTOH, i like the idea of OC'ing to 2.01 GHz :)

"Hi, it's me again. I got my system to 2.01 GHz... now what do i do?"

~ Gos

Goshawk said:
People who dont know anything about computers have no buisness in tech support at a game manufacturer.

/rant

OTOH, i like the idea of OC'ing to 2.01 GHz :)

"Hi, it's me again. I got my system to 2.01 GHz... now what do i do?"

~ Gos
I totally agree with your rant. They should not be in any tech support at all. But your C2D (4300) should be about the same speed or faster then my T5600 (1.86Ghz laptop) Which is in turn faster then my 4.0Ghz (overclocked) Pentium 4 Single core. So I am sure that you have more then enough power.

Back