• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jon! Page 3!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ARRRGH!

OK, 2 months until you catch me, but I can't let you pass...
You've got an awful LOT of procs going though! GEEZ!

7000ppd!

Dayum Jon, you're pushing 7kppd! There's no way I can compete with that. Right now. :) I'll wait for you to get a little closer, then get off my duff and put together the second quad... then we can race to page 1 together. :)
JWS, where you at man?!! We need a 3-way!

Once I get past the bad weekend I last week I should be around 8K. Unless the points change comes in the next few weeks, what I add should get me around 9K and I'll be topped out.

jws2346 said:
In actuality, with no excuses :shrug: , I've always been kind of an AMD fanboi (not that you can tell by my sig :eh?:) I had a couple of XP's and for their time they were fantastic chips. I'm kind of waiting to see what the AMD quad looks like, I really don't want to go with a Intel quad. Besides that I'm not even in the same class with you or Jon. There are a few people on this team that can give you guys competition and I'm certainly not one of them (I have a strickly home farm, no borgs) :)

Hey, jw ... i am just a simple home farmer too :D

... it just takes time (ok and a few $) to grow the farm in an efficient way, and live within a budget (for me it is 16 dedicated rigs) :)
Prudent and some lucky purchases allow me to keep the cost of upgrading relatively low ... the key is to buy good stuff that will have a decent resale price, and sell off the stuff to be replaced when prices are still good. And to factor in energy efficiency in the type of stuff you build around.

Sounds like we have a few new races shapiing up here :D

:beer: :beer:

Last edited:
JW no appologies necessary around here :) and i didn't ... I just wanted to point out that we farmers have a distinct advantage over the borger's ... my not so litttle farm of 16 can do battle with borgs significantly larger in numbers ... just like your farm can fare well compared against much larger numbers ... sort of like the navy seals, or swat teams ... missioned for a single purpose :)

The borgers usually have little or no control over the shape of their borg army (ChasR and Leelegend seem to be some of our more notable exceptions here on T32 :) ), and have to be careful not to compromise keeping it.

:beer: :beer:

Last edited:
i tell you what i wish....i could swap my 50 odd borgs for stuff much less stuff that doesnt have a Dell or Apple badge :)

i think the borgers and the farmers are 2 of the same breed.....most farmers spend a lot of the time overclocking and tuning a limited amount of rigs to produce a lot of throughput. borgers do the same except with weight of numbers, but believe me.....there is no less effort, try keeping out eye on 40 odd rigs a day (with idiots working them :)). Either way it is all for a good cause.

i am hoping for at least 3 new mac pro's this year, at which point i am going to turn off the machines that give me the most grief......relax and just let the good times fold :)

lee

I've been a top 20 producer as a strict farmer and as one who borgs. Only difference to me is that one is much cheaper and easier to maintain :]

yeah JW, you got Pete wrong. he's just trying to point out that we home farmer could also compete w/ massive borgs too! so, don't underestimate yourself (and the addiction of F@H :D )!! ;) :beer:

I used to have a good borgs (50 or so P4 @ 3ghz), but I had since retired them all and only leaving my home farm running as I really couldn't keep up with all those borgs and stuffs. plus it started to not making too much sense for the time and power consumption from them vs ppd.

jws2346 said:
...what I was merely trying to say, according to some posts some of these people have up to 30 machines, I have 4.
I'm not in ChasR's, Pete's or leelegend's league either by a factor of ~1/10 but with just two C2D machines used as desktops, I'm putting out almost 3kPPD. So you can be competitive if you don't worry about those who have bigger and more guns. I'm going to eventually upgrade everyone in the house until all 4 of us have C2D desktops. They are personal desktop computers that happen to also fold 24/7.

I'd like to make the top 20 PPD consistantly. I don't know if I ever will, but so far I've managed to reach #31 today with just two SMD folders :D.

Last edited:
Thanks again :]

I got the E4300 BSEL modded and up and running at 2.7GHz yesterday and decided not to retire the 805D since I had one of those P4M800PRO-M (ECS cheapies) an a GB of DDR400 lying around. It doesn't overclock well and only gave me 3GHz. Both of those are running native Ubuntu and should help out pretty well though. I also underestimated how many points all the borged Dells are turning in at work. I found some are having difficulty turning in work...four had been waiting to send for quite a while (70+ attempts) upon arriving this morning. Restarting the service fixed it, but I don't want to VPN in every weekend just to check that :\

Gah, one month until you are knocking on my door! I've got to get a few more systems up and running!
When you pass 10kppd, it's all over. I don't think I've got enough systems to make more than that.

the sad part is 4 months ago , jon wasnt squat , now he is a big dog , sheesh his ppd is = my ppw , either way glad its team 32 he is folding for .
WTF Jon

It's better

It's better than being squatted upon!:bday:
Seriously though, that's some major pointage for T32 as well as good science being done! WTF! Keep it up!

Back