• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which countries provide free internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There's also a town in Colorado, I think, where a wealthy guy leased some trunks, created his own central office, and set up wireless access points so that everyone in the town can get free wireless internet.

I know alot of countries governments give large grants to telcom companies to wire the country, but I've never heard of free, government run internet service. I think Iran and China might offer free, heavily censored internet to their people. I wouldn't expect the speeds to be too great. Japan might also offer free internet in large cities, such as Tokyo. Infact, Tokyo is completely wired with fibre optics from what I hear.

gotcha... i remember hearing of some country in europe that offered liek 100mbit connection to evreyone in the country.

nd4spdbh2 said:
gotcha... i remember hearing of some country in europe that offered liek 100mbit connection to evreyone in the country.

As everyone's location in their profile changes from usa to that country :)

Back