• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these 2 lap tops should i buy??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonex

Hey there,

I am looking for a budget lap top in NZ, where lap top prices may be slightly or a lot higher than in the states. I am willing to spend up to $1200 dollars for a lap top and i found a few of these from a NZ retailer.

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45ed1bfb0071c9f4273fc0a87f33070e/Product/View/XC3902

AND

http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45ed1bfb0071c9f4273fc0a87f33070e/Product/View/XC3905

These two are I think the best two on that site that cost up to $1200. Some other lap tops on the site that cost about the same are Samprons etc... maybe if someone could have a look and tell me what they think is the best deal.

I dont really know too much about lap tops (for example the graphics, 4/6 cell lithium ion etc) so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

oh yea I will use this lap top for university work such as word processing etc, but I also want the lap top to be able to play games. ... so yea best piece of hardware for $1200 :)

Thanks

Between those two, I would go with the Compaq. But you won't be able to play any 3D Games on either of those. You need to get a laptop with a dedicated GPU if you want to play games (like an ati x1600/x1700 or nvidia 7600/7900)

the acer one has a $200 dollar cashback making it $998

so it would be $998(acer) vs $1198(compaq)

which one would be worth it if you take that into consideration? it would pretty much mean paying $200 extra for the dual core

hmmm didn't see that, yeah I'd say $200 would point me toward the Acer.

I'd definitely take some of that that $200 and use it to buy some RAM

1GB at least IMO.

even if they did, those are american dollars which means it would cost me much more than 1200

I would choose the Compaq. Even tho it's more money, Compaq in my book are way better than Acer. But Acer is good as well so really it's your decision. But if I were you, Compaq all the way

Back