• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Cooler For AMD 4000+ 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I just built this system below and I am really dam well happy with it it's just great in every way. My mate who sent me the CPU from his work rang me up today and asked if I wanted to swap my 3700+ for a 4000+ so having researched in it and it being faster.

I said YES problem is the 3700+ comes with stock HS/Fan and the 4000+ is OEM but I have to send back everything for the 3700+. What would be the best and quietest 939 cooper HS/Fan out there that you can still buy. I am intrested in watercooling but after putting this system together I am slightly short of that prospect.

I was also going to upgrade from Windows XP Pro to Vista but I am waiting a year and on the 1st Service Pack.

i believe most reviewers say the ThermalRight Ultra 120 beats out the Scythe Ninja and Tuniq Tower

but i too am a fan of the Thermaltake Big Typhoon(i always replace the fan though)

Big Typhoon all the way. I was running a Silverstone 120mm fan on it that pushed 110CFM! I swapped the fan for an ANTEC 120mm Tri-cool. It pushes a decent amount of air, and is a little quieter.

Has anyone used this heatsink/fan setup?

http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835200025

It looks like it will work with the new C2D's as well, just incase you decide to upgrade later.

It is a combo deal on the egg for $110 including the processor.

I was looking at purchasing a 4000+ processor from newegg and I am in need of a heatsink/fan as well.

I am wanting a quite setup. Max OC I would do would be to 2.8ghz due to a crappy HP motherboard.

I use the Big Typhoon, but the ultra 120 is a good cooler also. you can't go wrong either way as long as you get a good fan to go with it.

TechJunky said:
i doubt you'll find anyone here who's used that cooler

the best thing about most of the coolers you're reading being mentioned here: thermaltake big typhoon, tuniq tower, scythe ninja, thermalright ultra 120, etc... is that all but the big typhoon blow the air away from the block/mob, which also means it's good to add some air flow in it's absense, that's not coming off a hot heatsink, and that's good for overall performance of the mother board

and again, i've read many reviews, and the Thermaltake Ultra 120 generally wins most

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and purchased it anyhow because it was a decent combo deal and i needed a heatsink/fan.

I am also limited because my power supply is right above where my chip sits, so I needed a lower profile heatsink/fan setup.

This is due to the fact that I got a hand me down socket 939 HP computer from my brother.

I will let you know how it does.

Back