• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista do all versions have NTFS file system option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

Well I'm looking at the feature compare on MS site and it looks like from that the home premium is got what I want. Ultimate would have stuff I don't need I think so I'm pretty sure there is no point in spending the extra $80 to get it. I currently have win2k and the only reason I got it was it was the best choice for version at the time I got it. Having been exposed to NTFS as a result I think it is the better file system over FAT32 right?

Audioaficionado said:
With Vista there is no fat32 option, only NTFS right now.

agreed8mv.gif

There is no reason to use FAT32, NTFS is better and now widely accepted.

Thats answers the question then. Only difference is the amount of features and/or fluff. Which means Home Premium seems to be the right one for me. Unless all the stuff it comes with is pointless to have? I currently have win2k but only got it because XP was on the verge of release and it was questionable on its quality at the time and win2k was definitely a better choice over the previous OS releases. My brother has XP media center edition on his PC but I don't really know if the "media center" part is anything special or worth having. I'm pretty much used to just a plain OS with 3rd party apps I've downloaded or bought.

Back