• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CompUSA evidently doesnt care anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
Ok so I just went to the CompUSA by my condo to see if they had changed prices yet, while browsing the store I found a cart loaded down with what looked to be open box stuff.

On this cart, I found a E6400 (C2D Proc) 2 939 A64's (4200 and a 3500) and a few Airport Extreme cards. I gathered all this stuff up and took it over to the nearest associate to ask why they had this stuff just sitting out. The response I get? You want it, take it, I dont care.

Uh, ok I understand that retail work sucks, I have done it. Telling me to rob your store for a couple grand worth of stuff because you hate your job isnt exactly the best way to retain ANY chance of your store staying open though.

No I didnt steal the stuff, though I did think about the C2D coming home with me.

No the deals arent great yet and I told a few people to hold off and wait a week or two unless they REALLY needed the stuff now.

WTF CompUSA you really dont care that much anymore?

You should definitely taken it! I understand that you don't want to steal it, so you couldve just taken it to someone else and ask them to get you a receipt or somethin....

Well, if I were in the same situtation as a Compusa employee I wouldnt be too enthusiastic about helping the company out either.. Have to remember all those people are losing their jobs.

Sounds like you just found a guy that doesn't care. I'm sure if you talked to the manager you'd get a different story. I'm pretty sure one one random person working at a Compusa can't speak for Compusa as a store/chain. There's one of those people in every retail place.

plus him telling you to just take it doesnt eliminate you from getting caught. Anyone else that sees you walk out with it or a camera. And of course the employee would never say that he told you to just take it.

IAmMoen said:
plus him telling you to just take it doesnt eliminate you from getting caught. Anyone else that sees you walk out with it or a camera. And of course the employee would never say that he told you to just take it.

I'll just ask for a reciept of $0.00

T'wolves said:
I'll just ask for a reciept of $0.00

That's what I would have done. Just say, "Ok, ring me up for it." If he did it for nothing, you're in the clear because he's the one breaking the rules. ;)

More than likely he's upset about losing his job and he's taking it out on you. Can't say I blame him for being upset, but it is still unprofessional.

- Blackstar

Adragontattoo said:
That is still stealing. Karma is a beast and I dont want to have to repay that kind of debt.
It's not stealing if they ring you up for a $0 charge. If you walk into a store and an employee decides to sell you a computer for $.01 is that stealing? Nope, and this situation really is no different.

legally it might not be but morally it is, and the latter is what should matter more.

kayson said:
It's not stealing if they ring you up for a $0 charge. If you walk into a store and an employee decides to sell you a computer for $.01 is that stealing? Nope, and this situation really is no different.

Depends on the law in the state really. In PA nothing can be sold for less then $1. But in PA we are crazy :eek: .

I would have taken it to the checkout to see how much they ring it out for.

damn!
a while back when my local compusa was closing, on their last day they still had some videocards amazingly, im talking 7900gt's
when i went in there around 4pm they still had two of em, i went up to the manager asked how much it was - found out its 60% and "oh, you can have a 2nd for free" LMAO
and literally, it showed on my receipt the 2nd was "customer satisfaction"

d94 said:
damn!
a while back when my local compusa was closing, on their last day they still had some videocards amazingly, im talking 7900gt's
when i went in there around 4pm they still had two of em, i went up to the manager asked how much it was - found out its 60% and "oh, you can have a 2nd for free" LMAO
and literally, it showed on my receipt the 2nd was "customer satisfaction"

SLI for the cost of an old Card NICE.

I am hoping that the one by me has stuff like this.

I am watching Video cards and Vista.

I just wish one of the stores by me was closing...they are a little too far and prices aren't that great for me to shop at regularly, but if they were marking stuff down I would be all over it. :)

DarkVirusVx said:
Depends on the law in the state really. In PA nothing can be sold for less then $1. But in PA we are crazy :eek: .

I would have taken it to the checkout to see how much they ring it out for.

Does PA have $.25 gumball machines, or are those illegal?

Maybe the "Comp" in Compusa stands for "compensation". I'm sure they arent all like the one near me but here they are only slightly more knowledgeable then my great grandmother who still needs help working the radio and was born before cars.

I've stood in the compusa here in iowa wondering if there was anyone in the entire store who actually knew anything about computers. If there was I didnt find him. Still at least they directed me to the right area, at BB I asked if they sold CPU heatsinks and the guy at the computer sales desk showed me a 80mm case fan and was refferring to it as a heatsink.

In their defense though I was recently there again to purchase a new monitor and speakers and while I had no real techinical questions they were very helpful and the guy even carried the logitech z-5300's up to the front for me.

"CompUSA evidently doesnt care anymore."

You mean, they used to? I've never seen any example of that.

They've NEVER cared!

steve

Back