• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nintendo DS browser and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
>HyperlogiK< said:
I was wondering, since the DS Browser is so slow at rendering pages (between 30 seconds and 3 minutes), would doing the 1.7x overclock mod (adding a second oscillator) http://ndshotmod.com/nds2na.htm improve matters?

I highly doubt it. I think its more a question of the available memory than the processor.

rainless said:
I highly doubt it. I think its more a question of the available memory than the processor.

QFT

In the end, the DS just doesn't have the RAM to accomplish quick page loads. Unfortunate but true.

Would that be before or after addition of the RAM pack included with the American release of Opera? I dunno if you Europeans / Asians / Canadians *wait - why would Canada have Opera if its not released in North America? Nvm on that one! * got a RAM pack w/ your browser or not....

Still, OCing the DS is sweet. Tempted to show that to my friend who does that kind of stuff (soldering)...

Back