• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OC'ing my E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
hi, i need advice on how to OC my E6600, my setup is the following:

E6600
Asus P5B-Deluxe/Wifi-Ap
512x4 DDR2 667mhz OCZ gold @ CL4-4-4-8
evga 8800 GTS superclocked 320mb
TT toughpower 750w
TT full armor
TT bigwater 735 WCS

tried to OC yesterday i get @ 3.2ghz stable. 3.3 instable....

vcore volt was 1.32 (in bios), mem volt 2.1. drop my ram to 533 and start moding the fsb... till i get 356x9 ..

NB & SB auto clock..

my question is if it's posible achieve 3.4g or 3.6g with my setup... ? at how much can i puch the vcore and ram volt? my temp IDLE was 42c. full 50c

3.4-3.6ghz is achievable. you will need more vcore tho.

vcore, you can use as much as you need to get the clocks you want. but try to keep your temps under 65c as read by intel's TAT under full orthos load. you will become temp limited before you become vcore limited. i'm guessing around 1.525v is where you will max out. you probably won't need near that much tho, if you can do 3.2ghz with only 1.32v. try 1.4v and see what happens.

when i tried to do 3.4 @ 1.32 my pc give me the blue Screen of death on starting windows vista... i will try push a little more that vcore.... and how about the NB and SB core? do i have to move that too? or i leave that at auto?

As above you need more volts, for me stock got me to 3.33ghz but I needed 1.55 to be 100% stable at 3.6ghz.
You may all so need to up mch (n/b) see if you can stay under 1.65

Back