• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA/EIDE Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jasonaerts

I have both a SATA and EIDE drive in my system, Now every once in a while after doing a driver install or major system change my computer wont boot, and will not recognize my SATA drive, it will only show my EIDE drive?? After doing a manual restart it will show both drives again and from there i can reset the SATA drive as the boot drive. ANY ideas on why this is happening, why my MOBO keeps trying to load the EIDE drive as the boot drive.???

Thanks all in advance =)

At first glance, I would tend to think its a BIOS problem. I have the same mb, but not the problem.

Ok by motherboard problem do you mean a setting?
Or a bunk board period?

Also i dont need to set my EIDE drive to slave do i? Any ideas on what the jumper setting should be? I currently have it open without any jumper, perhaps this is the problem or is this correct?

Sorry for all the ???

Thanks again for the help =)

in bios ide config you should have a ide detect time out - Make surte this is set to max so that chances of detecting drives is maxed

Back