• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Modem Driver Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ophiodon18

Registered
So the system error has stopped (for now) but I have been told by quite a few people that it could possibly be my Modem's Drivers are not up to date? I have a Terayon 700 series Cable Modem. We recently just got this modem through Comcast and I installed it myself, followed the directions and it was working properly. What do I do??? Help please.
If so would the website for the modem help me at all?

Last edited:
If it's working properly, why mess with it?

If you must update the drivers, then yes, Terayon's site is where I'd get them. Comcast is not going to load anything other than what came on the CD with the modem (which could be more than a year old, depending on the date of the modem).

Jon said:
If it's working properly, why mess with it?

If you must update the drivers, then yes, Terayon's site is where I'd get them. Comcast is not going to load anything other than what came on the CD with the modem (which could be more than a year old, depending on the date of the modem).

Alright thanks for your help I'll see if the error occurs anymore

Thanks

I dont think its the modem driver. It woulodnt shutdown your Pc for that reason. It could be your video driver which is conflicting with something try reinstalling the driver. I had problems with my Geforce MX 4000. It would glitch and when i played Halo, it shutdown my PC. I just reinstalled the driver and had no problems since.

How do you have the modem connected to your computer? If it's connected via Ethernet, you shouldn't even need a driver for it to begin with... but you may if yours in one of the units that has USB also.

If you've got it hooked up USB, i'd try using the ethernet if you can and see if it solves the problem.

~ Gos

ophiodon18 said:
Alright thanks for your help I'll see if the error occurs anymore

Thanks
Try to keep this in one thread, since this is the same problem, please. Also, I linked to the manafacturer's site in post #16, in the original thread.
WeezleXX89 said:
I dont think its the modem driver. It woulodnt shutdown your Pc for that reason. It could be your video driver which is conflicting with something try reinstalling the driver. I had problems with my Geforce MX 4000. It would glitch and when i played Halo, it shutdown my PC. I just reinstalled the driver and had no problems since.
Haven't we gone over this in the original thread? :bang head If there's no new info, then it's the same problem. Stop spreading FUD.
WeezleXX89 said:
its USB and doesnt it come with a driver?
As stated in first thread by me, and above by Jon, drivers are almost never up to date.

Last edited:
Back