• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, what's my best choice for my x6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ecca

I fried my P5WDH somehow... too much voltage maybe... I don't understand though if I d my vcore @ 1.6 and the processor temps were ~50 is that what did it? I also had my ram up to like 2.2 [NO cooling] (from 2.0) the ram survived but the mobo is goofy (random shutdowns and takes me like 10+ tries to post [boots for 3s then shuts down]) I know it isn't the memory because Memtest86 found nothing and the pc still doesnt post with the ram removed. That leaves me with mobo or proc. I cannot accept that it is the processor, I ran an orthos for 7 hours with no errors or crashing.

Back on topic!
Should I buy the DH again or get something else?

Thanks for always helping!

Alot of people usually blame these types of problems on the PSU. I am not really experienced enough to guess if it is your PSU or not, but maybe you should mention what PSU you are using for the more experienced people here.

Then for your new mobo. I like my P5W DH, but I think it is limiting my OC on X6800. I hear alot of good things about P5B Deluxe and am considering making that move. I think the only thing better about the P5W is the Crossfire capability, but I do not run Xfire so it is not an issue for me. Is it an issue for you?
The Abit AB9 Pro seems to be popular,as does the Abit (AW9D MAX?). Asus Commando has been raved about. DFI LanParty UT ICFX3200 is a monster, but I think you need some sort of degree from OC University to operate the BIOS! :)

Good luck and don't forget to mention your PSU for the GURUs to help you. -Jim

Yeah, I doubt it is the PSU. I have a Silverstone ST75F.
I appreciate the input and I will check out the p5b for sure.

Back