• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Motherboard Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedpc

This is the processor pulled from a Dimension E510 ,the BTX motherboard died 1 day after warranty, dell will not replace it and the lady does not want to pay $189.00 for a new dell board and i agree.

Intel 04
Pentium 4
630 SL7Z9 China
3.00 Ghz/2M/800/04A
5545A769

This is the board i can get from DFI fo $60.00 DFI 865PE-TAG it says it supports P4 630
The reason i am looking at this motherboard is because it supports AGP and DDR 1

I do understand the BTX board was PCI Exoress and DDR2, But i have a Leadtek 7600GT AGP and 1 Gig of Patriot PC3200 (TCCD) that she could have. So does anybody have any info on this Motherboard and do you think my description would work ???
Even after i buy a new case , motherboard, agp card and DDR 1 Memory it's only $100.00 :) Please let me know what you think or if you suggest something else. Thanks
PS (Probably a dumb Question But) As i stated about the Processor it is a P4 630 BTX is there a difference between an ATX and BTX Processor ?????

Last edited:
Looks like that board will work just fine. The cpu is a P4 630, and the board supports it. Also the psu is BTX and so is the board. It'll all work it just fine.

Not entirely sure the difference between ATX and BTX but i believe it's A) main power connector and 2) voltage flow since it's a different hook-up, but don't quote me on this.

Also the psu is BTX and so is the board ??? not sure what you mean by this ??? (lol)
The dfi 865PE-TAG is not a BTX board.
The power supply i will be using is a Antec 500w and a new ATX case

Thanks for your imput :beer:

Back