• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running 4GB+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

I have a client who is interested in running either 4GB or 8GB in either a 965 or 975 board. Has anyone done this yet?

From what I have heard, overclocking with 4x sticks at this point is still almost impossible. For this guy I'd just be looking for 100% stable at stock speeds.

I'd rather talk him into 2GB, but hes dead set on wanting 4GB, and he has the money, so theres not much I can do to stop him, eh?

well, if you get 2x2x2gb's of ddr2-800, and a e6600 like Atomic Dawg has done, then you can run the ram at stock speeds, and still get a nice oc.

Vulcan said:
From what I have heard, overclocking with 4x sticks at this point is still almost impossible. For this guy I'd just be looking for 100% stable at stock speeds.

I'd rather talk him into 2GB, but hes dead set on wanting 4GB, and he has the money, so theres not much I can do to stop him, eh?

Not quite true. here are some shots of my four sticks of muskin pc1000. they are 12 hour memtest stable all the way up to 537 at 4-5-4-11 on my P5b. I run Vista 64 Ultimate. No need for 4Gig plus unless you go 64bit on the OS.

Attachments

• 2100fsb.jpg
    2100fsb.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 4ghz 8x500.jpg
    4ghz 8x500.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 32
Back