• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4300 unstable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onlypro

I understood that the 4300 should be able to reach clock speed 3.0ghz and beyond.
I am stuck at 2.97ghz.
The only two settings I have changed in the mobo are the ram speeds and the bus speed. I have locked the ram at 800mhz. I have set bus speed to 333.

I first noticed something was wrong when my favorite game bf2142 began closing itself randomly(always at a crucial moment)

Windows never crashed, only bf2142.

So, I checked Orthos, and.... it failed within 2 minutes when system was running at 3.0ghz(333bus).

Tried running Orthos again overnight with system at 2.97ghz(330bus), it ran problem free for 13 hours.

Recommendations?

Cheers,

OnlyPro

"I have locked the ram at 800mhz." not sure about this board but if you set ram to 800 and start overclocking, aren't you at above 900 already? lucky it's a small fsb overclock, might not have posted at all. mem. timings and voltage might need to be adjusted for the speed.

and yes, more vcore.

I have the exact same setup, CPU, MB, and RAM, and I can not,can not get it to even post at anything above 333 FSB. I've tried higher voltages, lower CPU multipliers, everything, and it will not go to even 334. Has anyone had any success above 333 with the E4300? I'm wonderering if it is a BIOS problem - I'm running the 1004 (or whatever the latest is - can't remember exactly).

GigaHertzAddict said:
You can't lock the memory speed. Try lowering the memory clock speed below 800MHz.

I've tried it both ways - I have better luck running it at a 4:5 then I do at 1:1 at 333 FSB - right now it is rock solid at 333 FSB and 833 Mem, but if I try to run it at 333 FSB and 667 Mem it conks out. Something weird is definitely going on, I just can't figure out what.

Back