• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6600 Orthos Stable 3200mhz (400x8) 1.2volts.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepSky

Well a week or two ago I posted this thread relating to how I found an OC I could live with:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=502909

But since then I started getting BSODs and hardware intensive apps were running into errors. I also tried running Orthos with the setup in the above thread and it couldn't run longer than 1-1.5 minutes w/o halting because of errors.

So I decided to go back to my old OC of 400x8 (3200mhz) and see if I got errors in Orthos, which would indicate something was screwy. So I set 400x8 up and set a 1.25vcore in BIOS and lo and behold because of vdroop I am running this modest OC at anywhere from 1.192 to 2.000 volts, almost 2 hours of Orthos w/o any error.

coolkz8.jpg

While I miss my old Orthos unstable OC of 425x8 (3400) I kinda like this super low voltage. Is this normal? I kinda wish I could get Orthos stable with my old OC.

Last edited:
Rattle said:
nice man real nice

I always like to find max clock on as close to stock volts as possible before I proceed.

That makes sense. What voltage are you using for your 3.3ghz?

Thats pretty impressive to say the least. I have to give my E6600 1.525v to be orthos stable @3.4GHz! Which i'm not very happy with, my temps are good 29°c Idle and 44°c load. I know it's not my memory holding me back because I used my buddy's Dominator 8500 memory and got the same results. I just have a mediocre chip, i'm still happy with 3.4GHz but i'm probably going to go to 3.2~3.3GHz and some lower Vcore.

Rattle said:
core temp vid of 1.2375 set in p5b-d bios, droops to under 1.2
Damn, you both have nice chips man!! I think i'm going to play around with lowering my multi to 8 and kicking up the FSB. I took my computer over to my work bench today and used my compressor to clean out my case and radiator and my temps went down 4~5°c!

dylskee said:
I took my computer over to my work bench today and used my compressor to clean out my case and radiator and my temps went down 4~5°c!

good old air compressors..they do wonders.

as for 'nice chips' I was thinking..yeah they're nice that they can do a 2.4 to 3.2 ghz OC at under stock voltage...but at least in my case as soon as I go higher than 3.2 I have to jack my voltage up like crazy...

DeepSky said:
good old air compressors..they do wonders.

as for 'nice chips' I was thinking..yeah they're nice that they can do a 2.4 to 3.2 ghz OC at under stock voltage...but at least in my case as soon as I go higher than 3.2 I have to jack my voltage up like crazy...
Yeah, i'll see how high I can go with stock voltage, to be honest I really never tried that! I just went for my max clock and then worked my way down from there. If I remember correctly I ended up at 3.3GHz with 1.45v and that was my max for that voltage. I really didn't want to go much higher than that with my vcore. I had a bad experience with a 661 Cedar Mill that **** out on me after only 3 months, since then Vcore scares me!!! :eek:

Back