• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k Blue Screen and Abit BF6...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eliminator

I have a PIII 800/100 with 256 RAM. I am using a hdd with Win2k Pro already installed and it was being used for my Epox 8kha+. I have not deleted anything from the hdd. I just figured that this hdd should work when it's installed on the BF6...right? Well, every time I boot windows, I get the illusive blue screen. It states that I have an "Inaccessible_Boot_Device"

I don't mind deleting anything on the hdd. The problem is I don't know how. I've been looking all over for FDISK and can't find it anywhere. Also, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks!

if u want to reinstall 2k just boot into your 2kcd and gointo set up and 1st delete all partitions, format them and install, u can get fdisk from ur 98 boot disk(boot with it type fdisk) or a dos disk, u could also try and repair using the recovery counsel (RC)that u access from your 2k cd, when u get the RC, trytypin help for the available commands, you are after fixboot, or fixmbr, which you type from the rc prompt, followed by exit, i think the fixboot command might help u, but who knows, and u really do need a fresh install or u will usually pay later

It was my keyboard after all. New board didn't like the USB port.

I'm reformatting as I type.

Thanks turd :D

Last edited:
Back