• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help to convert image types

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

hey i have a photoshop image that i want the image code so i can give it to my buddy. I made him a sig and to use photobucket i need Jpeg, and more. It doesn't support photoshop files. How can i get the image code?

Assuming you're using Photoshop CS/CS2, just click file-> save as when you have the image open in PS. Change the format type to JPEG and save wherever. To get a smaller size jpg image click file->Save for Web. Then upload the resulting file.

If you have an older version (<7.0) it'll probably work the same way. Or you can download Irfanview and use its built-in converter.

WeezleXX89 said:
hey i have a photoshop image that i want the image code so i can give it to my buddy. I made him a sig and to use photobucket i need Jpeg, and more. It doesn't support photoshop files. How can i get the image code?

Click 'File', and find the 'Export Wizard'. The wizzard will guide you through the file types. You will be able to choose JPEG/GIF etc etc.

And also I would advise making it "web quality", which means low resolution so it will download fast for those people that have 56k

thalzaar24 said:
If you have a lot of layers on the image, sometimes you need to flatten the layers first before you can save it as a .jpg.

It should autoflatten for jpgs.

Back