• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B-Deluxe Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

My new System:

ASUS P5B-Deluxe, 1.03G C1, 910bios
C2D 6400, Arctic Freezer Pro 7 HSF
Team Xtreem PC6400 2GB, 4,4,4,10 Dual Channel 2.0-2.2V
OCZ GXS 700W PSU
Sapphire Radeon X1950XT

Take a look at my attempt to OC this baby and add your suggestions. I am not looking for a max OC, just something nice in the ballpark I am in right now, with descent lower end temps.

Current Bios temps: CPU 42, MB 32, running Orthos at CPU temp 54 degrees, System temp 34 degrees

Running 3.2GHZ, 400FSB

CPU F- 400
DRAM F- 800
PCIE F- 100
PCI Clock Sync - 33.33mhz
Mem V - 2.15V
Vcore- 1.35V
FSB Term - 1.40V
NB Vcore - 1.45V
SB Vcore - 1.50V, do I even need this running one GPU?

Multiplier - 8x
Dram values from top to bottom

Last edited:
jicron controls the IDE channel you have no choice, the driver is for jmicron raid so dont install it. If you raid use the intel matrix raid.

thanks for that, now for the suggestions on my OC'ing

I'm also running my E6400 at 400*8. I just had to go with 1.3625v to get stable results. I have FSB Term, NB, SB & ICH voltages all set to Auto.

I am also running my G.SKILL DDR2-800 HZ on a 4:5 divider at DDR-1000 with 4-4-4-6-4-42-4-10-6-10 timings @ 2.30v. I think you should be able to get similar results with your Team Xtreem sticks? Of course you'll want to Memtest that before you boot into Windows. Might also want to check on the speed, timings and sub-timings with Team Xtreem. I think they have a sub-forum over at XtremeSystems but I can't verify that now because their site seems to be down ... You also might consider active cooling for 2.30v if you decide to give it a try.

if you're running on air, I wouldn't hesitate to go up to 1.5v and see what you can reach, that board definatly will let you stretch your legs on that chip, looking good so far though, start out with stock volts and work your way up with clockgen 5-10fsb at a time, with prime running until it errors out, then back off a few mhz to where it was stable, run a good prime test for 8 or so hours, and then add some volts to it, and go higher.

thanks guys this is all good, I think what I would like to do is reach a stable 3.2ghz, with whatever fsb, I guess 400, and have the lowest temps possible while doing so and being 100% stable. I don't think it should be a difficult task, I am still going to experiment with my air cooling setup.

I also have to wait until my thermal paste burns in on the cpu, and I also stripped the SB, and replaced the asus thermal pad with AS5, I didn't rip off the heatpipe and NB because I was afraid to damage other componets. I had to use a lot of force to rip off the SB.

any ideas on how I can speed up my boot? it's pretty slow. I also would like to get my hands on a program that monitors, not only the cpu and mb temps, but also RAM and GPU...what do you guys use for that?

Few methods to speed up boot significantly, one of them is using Raid 0 or Matrix Raid (click my sig). 11 seconds boot time here.

ok how is this done, please point me to a link, thank you.

Just click that smiley at my sig, or go to storage section and look at the sticky part for ... matrix thingy ... it's all there. :)

Oh, better get a cup of coffee since it's a gigantic thread !

bing said:
Few methods to speed up boot significantly, one of them is using Raid 0 or Matrix Raid (click my sig). 11 seconds boot time here.
hi'
curious boot time mesure ...
you should start the clock when push the rig button and stop it when everything is there and you get the hand on it, that would be more honnest, and for sure with a clean win install and no prog, it's fast, install 1gb of progs, it will change a bit ;)
using this method, tell me if you can boot in less than 40s ;)
assuming 3 devices to load ...
just for challenge ;)

i686

Back