• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12v rail is kind of high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

I'm using OCZ 520w powerstream. this PSU doesn't have 8pin ATX12v1 as mobo required to power up. i use 2x 4pin (P4 and P4+) combine as 8pin then i plug into the 8pin connector. now the 12v rail is 12.44v as multimeter read. is that high people?

2x4 blue color
cables7.jpg

sounds within spec

a little high is what alot of people shoot for, people used to mod there PSU (and some still do) to make the rails run a little high.

What is the change between idle and load? If you see a huge jump in the 12V readings at load, you may have a slight problem on your hands. Remember that all rails are fused before the OCP/Regulation circuitry.

Super Nade said:
What is the change between idle and load? If you see a huge jump in the 12V readings at load, you may have a slight problem on your hands. Remember that all rails are fused before the OCP/Regulation circuitry.
loaded 12.43-12.44v
idle 12.44-12.45v

very very tiny change, kind of nothing

meionm said:
If you have powersteam just adjust 12v rail by lowering it.
Thanks for remind me buddy. set it back to 12.22v

Back